Jeremy Lin is the first Taiwanese-American to ever play in the NBA. He is one of the more unique stories in the NBA in that not only is he one of the few Asian Americans to ever grace the NBA hardwood but he also graduated and played for Harvard University which hasn’t had a player in the NBA since 1954.
Jeremy Lin has overcome many obstacles on his road to the NBA from not being offered any Division 1 scholarships coming out of high school, to leading Harvard to a record 21 wins his Senior year, and going undrafted in the 2010 NBA Draft. This didn’t stop Jeremy from pursuing his NBA dream and he was able to prove all the naysayers wrong during the 2010 NBA Summer League against #1 overall pick John Wall and the Washington Wizards. While playing for the Dallas Mavericks trying to earn a spot on an NBA roster Jeremy stole the show by posting 13 points on 6/12 shooting, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals in 27 minutes. Although the Mavericks didn’t sign Jeremy, he was able to sign a two year deal with his hometown Golden State Warriors.
Although his Harvard team didn’t quite pull of any Cinderella stories during March Madness, he did bring some media attention to his team by his play. Although these plays aren’t exactly Blake Griffin highlights, they do display the many qualities that Lin has to offer, the intangibles that teams need to become a success. There aren’t too many online college videos of Lin available but we were able to muster a top ten NCAA plays of Jeremy Lin while playing for the Harvard Crimson. Without further adieu here they are:
10. Jeremy Lin Steals and Dunks on Dartmouth.
9. Jeremy Lin blocks Jerome Dyson of UConn on a fast break during a nationally televised ESPN game.
8. Jeremy Lin with a steal & dunk vs Georgetown.
7. Jeremy Lin Drives it to the Basket against Santa Clara University.
6. Jeremy Lin steals and converts a doubleclutch on Georgetown’s Greg Monroe.
5. Jeremy Lin blocks a Brown University player.
4. Jeremy Lin’s dunk over Yale.
3. Harvard’s Jeremy Lin makes tough jumper against Cornell 7-footer.
2. Jeremy Lin hits a near half court 3-pointer at the buzzer in triple overtime, for a 87-85 win over William & Mary.
1. Jeremy Lin with a crazy dunk against UConn.
Leave a Reply